Would you believe i spent ...... in gas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, May 14, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

$763.58 in gas between my F-250 superduty,my ztr and my 36'' QUICK and hand tools { trimmer,edger etc..} unfreaking believeable!!!!!!!!

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

why do you start so many threads... just make 1 big...."BIGW THREAD" much easier. and was that in a month,week,day,year...

3. bigw

lmao i dont know,bored i guess. Oh and that was from april14th till today so 1 month, by the way i need gas in both my truck and mower now!

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Is that total a week or month, hopefully not one sitting.

5. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

yup $24.63 per day what did ya bring in for that ???

6. bigw

SORRY that was from april 14th till today may 14th and i only use the truck for { work only}.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

ditch the f-250 superduty. why do you need a huge truck like that if youre solo?

8. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I do that in two weeks! Others probably do that in a week. Welcome to the industry.

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I have purchased gas for is for my truck, sometimes when my dad gets home, he grabs 4 cans and fills them up while the prices are going up, He does that when I'm out mowing or something, I go take the cans to go fill them up, and there is already gas for them. So I don't complain.

10. F.S Lawn Care

F.S Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thats around $25 a day if you're going 7 days a week, and around $34 a day if going 5 days a week. Which runs at 6-7 gallons a day or 9 or so, which is not bad at all for your truck and equipment. It's bad that gas is $4 a gallon its a freakin joke.