Would you believe it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 6, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Once in a while I have to pull out the old leaf rake doing fall clean ups, but would you believe it that I have not pulled it out once this year for fall clean ups, and I don't plan on doing it either.

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, yo uneed the excersie troy!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. tiedeman

from earth

That extra weight is for winter.

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

AHA ..

:angry:

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I bought new rakes when I first started business 10 years ago. Ya wanna buy some new leaf rakes.
    I haven't used a rake in those 10 years. People call and ask if I rake leaves and I tell them no. I used to lose business like that. Now I ask if they want their leaves taken care of, I'll chose the technique. I just got done mulching 30K of silver maple leaves. Some spots were 3 feet deep, I didn't pick one up. They all turned to dust. I finally know the key to a happy leaf season and raking has nothin to do with it.

6. tiedeman

from earth

the only times we really used them last year was when we were putting the leaves on the tarp, but this year I haven't used a tarp at all

7. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

3 ft deep! What do you use? Noticed on your website you mulch & vac. Any info is appreciated.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

what do you do instead of putting them on the tarp and hauling them away?

or do you just blow them to the street for the city to come by and pick em up?

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I aint lying there were places where the leaves were 3 feet deep but they were bone dry. Mostly silver maples, I use the Walker 52SD with double blades and a mulch kit. I tilt the deck so the front is higher than the back and off we go. I was 4 shades darker when I got home and the shower water ran black for a couple of minutes but man did I have fun. I didn't even have to put the collection deck on as I have a couple areas under pine trees that are mostly dirt so thats where I do lots of mulching. I will post an old pic of the property from 2 years ago this is when my wife was using the Toro to chop them up.

aug4 2063.jpg

10. tiedeman

from earth

don't have city pick up here. I just bag them with the mower and throw them into the leaf box