would you buy a demo unit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iforgotmybackpack, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

It really depends if it was a demo or a loaner. We have lent one of our mowers to the dealer to be used as a demo. Loaners usually get beat up, demos usually have a rep that watches the whole time so he can answer questions. So IMHO demo yes, loaner no.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

correction then. Mine was a "loaner"

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

One of the times I can remember with a loaner was when one of our 997's had an issue with the bagger. They sent us a 925 (or equivilent.) It had a 54" deck as opposed to our 72" deck. I pounded that mower for over 30 clock hours so I could keep up with the production of our 72. I can honestly say I felt bad for that machine when we sent it back, I wasn't doing it to be spiteful but we needed that machine to be something it wasn't. I'm sure there are other guys out there who didn't play nice with their loaners either.

4. ray904

ray904 LawnSite Member

just picke up a new lazer z x series kohler command 29 hp efi 60 inch cut love it

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I dont know how you can beat up on a mower too bad without beating up yourself at the same time

6. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

You would be silly not to take the savings in money.

7. iforgotmybackpack

iforgotmybackpack LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the help. Unfortunately someone beat me to it already but now I know for the future
    Posted via Mobile Device