1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a Tree Care DVD? Your limit $$ ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdvaden, Sep 27, 2006.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

First, this is not a promo. I don't have Tree Care DVDs for sale.

But I'm curious - how many lawn / yard full-service providers would buy a DVD for computer or video that illustrated tree care?

Maybe 1 hour / 60 minutes worth.

1. Images
    2. Short video clips
    3. Narration to explain photos and video segments.

About pruning, sunburn prevention, how to transplant, staking, vertical mulching to aerate and incorporate mycorrhizal fungi, when to stake, when not to stake, where to run irrigation trenches, how to train apple tree sprouts into fruit spur.

About 3 years ago, I noticed that several stone suppliers in Portland area, sold a VHS that some guy made about flagstone and basic rock work. Not too comprehensive, and a bit monotone. Anyhow, it was about $12 and presented what should have been 30 minutes worth.

There is not one on the market like what I'm thinking about. And I think I know why. The opportunies to photograph somethings are very spontaneous - maybe once in a week or 6 months, a certain aspect shows it's face. This kind of thing can't just be scheduled by some garden show.

If you were to acquire a tree care DVD, what would you want to see in it, considering it would not exceed 60 minutes?

What's would it be worth if it's stuffed full - no BS time in it?