Would you buy one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txlawnking, Aug 5, 2004.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you buy a machine that would:

1 Be a stand on design
    2 Have a total cutting width of 52"
    3 Have 32 hp
    4 Have a folding " wing " deck that allowed the machine to pass through any gate that a 32" WB would
    5 Have 12" wide rear tires for good hillside traction..
    6 Have a top speed of 10-12mph

Would you be interested??? I think it would just about be the ultimate machine IF IT PERFORMED WELL AND GAVE AN EXCELLENT CUT IN VARIOUS REGIONS I'm just currious?? Let's hear it... BTW Also If it cost in the neighborhood of $7500-$8500???

2. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

That sound good. Most of my customers back yards are bigger than front yard. I could use more than 21". But $8k bothers me.

3. txlawnking

Serrico, I was just throwing out an Idea I have.. I understand about the $$$, and that was a synthetic price based on what a good ZTR costs... It could cost a little less I suppose, I'm just mulling over the idea.. for now.. Who know's what will happen over the winter...

4. txlawnking

You gotta be kidding me, I'm just about the only person that would be interested???!!!! Maybe It just not as big of a niche as I thought? I figure a lot of guy's would be interested in a machine as productive as I am imagining...

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

A 32 horse stand on 52"?
    Sounds like an accident waiting to happen....................

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

indeed, its just too much HP.

7. txlawnking

dvm, I didn't say I'd "gear it" to go 60mph.. Why an accident. My 52" surfer has 22hp and I consider it underpowered, Toro and others make a 27/52 so what's wrong with an abundance of power??

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie has a mower similar to that now. It's called the Run Behind. 27 horse engine, 52" cut, 10 mph and priced around 6 grand. There is talk of putting a deck similar to Dixie's 42" deck on it. That 42" deck can fit through 36" gates. You point the blades straight forward and the side of the deck comes off.

9. txlawnking

Ok guys, what about 27hpwith the 52" or 32 hp with a 60" total cut??:)

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just seems to me that with 32 horses under your but there would be too much power to create slippage on hills,doing wheelies off the start....................those kinds of things.............