would you buy this equipment and what would you pay?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by eaglescout1993, Feb 14, 2010.

1. eaglescout1993

eaglescout1993 LawnSite Member

i am new to the business and am looking for some advice on how much its is worth, considering it is all in good/new condition and all running smoothly. if you could please let me know you thoughts on the following equipment.

2008 John Deere 2305 with 96 hours (24hp DIESEL)4X4 with
    54" QuickHitch snow plow 4-way
    Comes with all the bells and whistles:
    Imac hitch attachments,,
    48" 3 point tiller #647,,
    54" QuickHitch snow plow 4-way,,
    62" mowerdeck- 2 1/2 acres takes an hour,,
    3 point hitch, 3 bagger hydrovac with 5.0HP Honda engine,,
    3500 lb QuickHitch fork lifts,,
    200cx loader bucket,,
    3 point hitch weight box with 10--40lb john Deere weights,,

Thank you in advance,

2. eaglescout1993

need a free bump
  3. eaglescout1993

yet another bump before i hit the sack
  4. tomdarcy

tomdarcy LawnSite Member

Let me guess...it is all advertised for $3500 and you must reply to shar.staples@gmail.com - right?

I've replied to this ad but I would anticipate that there is going to be some story about how it is in a storage yard and if I just wire the money to an escrow account it will be sent to me and I can get a full refund if I'm not happy.

The ad that I saw on my local craigslist has all the makings of a scam.
  5. eaglescout1993

yes thats right... and the next day i loged onto craigslist and it was removed... owell i was sceptical to start with but wanted some thoughts
  6. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

just a little thing i discovered about those bogus CL ads if you highlight the entire ad as if you were going to copy it and you will see hidden fonts if you do just flag the ad its a scam
  7. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen a lot of scams similar to that. I've learned to see what is real and what isn't.
  8. wolfemanwm

wolfemanwm LawnSite Member

Hmm I just(an hour ago) sent an email to this ad (listed as a local ad here in WA) then I find this thread. Though I did state cash only and I want to look at it. Nothing they can do with my phone number.
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

hey i got my eagle scout in 1993 also, nice achievment!
  10. Uponone605

Uponone605 LawnSite Member

To many gullible people out there. It amazes me how people fall for these craigslist scams:hammerhead: Maybe i'm in the wrong business. Anyone want to buy a brand new f-350 superduty for $1000? Just send me the cash and ill ship you the truck asap!