1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy this? If you were in the market for one.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I saw a Grasshopper front mount 720k with a kohler enging 150 hrs on it and its a 2001 model it has a hopper style collection system on it asking price is $6000 What do you think:waving: Does it sound like a good deal?
  2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is a very good deal. I assume it has the 60/61" deck. You might find out if it has the newer style deck or the old one. Newer deck is 5.5 in deep and cuts much better than the old one. Also if it has the g2 transmission or not. (probably not)

Super deal if:
    1. New style deck
    2. G-2 transmission
    Probably worth 8000 with the hopper on it.

Ok deal if not the above criteria, probably worth 6-6.5k

good luck,
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a lot of money for something with no warranty.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Tell him you have $5,000 cash.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one of those back in 2001 and I don't believe I paid much more than that for it when it was new! Maybe the hour meter has been replaced. I'd give no more than 3K
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a good deal. Used Grasshoppers bring big money...especially diesels.
  7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh but that is something that I overlooked also, it is a 720k wich means it has the 20 hp kohler gas on it, think even a 0ne cylinder. 6K maybee a little high. sorry I was thinking of the kubota diesel also. I do no that those hoppers are worth about 2 to 2500 though.
  8. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Well i did not get it since he would not come down on the price, even though he says he was really motivated to sell it. Obviously motivated to keep it.:waving: