would you buy this mower if ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caleb_harlan, Feb 3, 2003.

1. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to buy a W/B Exmark truf tracer. I believe it is an 1998, 52” , 18hp kohler, hydro, 230 hours, electric start and floating deck.

I am ready to take the jump and move up to my first commercial mower. I was hoping to shop around more but I can’t find any used equipment around here. He wants $2000 for it.
    I need to know is this good price for this piece of equipment. Or should I shop around a little longer and look for something more in my price range.

I know this is a good piece of equipment. I was looking for something in the 1000-1500 range. College costs have killed me over the last couple of years. Also I have about 20 lawns now and planning make a push to get more this spring. Right now I have only two normal riding mowers. (Had to start somewhere) my other equipment is great. (redmax backpack blowers, Husqvarna Trimmer, edger -16ft trailer and i need better truck.)

Think back when you where first mowing up from your first years of mowing and a 2000 dollar piece of equipment is a large chunk of change for you becouse you didnt have the cash.
  2. JUMP!!!!!!

Mower new with tax is $6,000.

Can't loose.
  3. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

It will pay for itself!!
  4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't want it I'll take it.
  5. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

230 hours?

Seems alittle low for a '98. How reputable is the source claiming this figure?
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the consensus so far is buy it if it is a for real offer to sell.

buy it quick. don't look back. laugh if someone else is thinking about the deal and doesn't beat you to it.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

For a hydro with 230 hours ,it sounds good.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Better get it today. Don't let it get away from you.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's gotta be the 1st time in the last 10 years I have seen a Scag that is not over-priced...get it before someone else does.
  10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 52 Toro w/b gear w 18 Koh 96 or 97 paid $ 1500

2k for Exmark 52 hydro great price.Ed