Would you buy this trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LCME, Sep 13, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Hello to all!

I have been looking for my own trailer to haul my mowing equipment, haul landscape materials (mulch, dirt, etc.) and use for fall clean-ups (leaves, brush, etc.). I'm currently borrowing a trailer with no side walls. I came across this trailer for $1000.00. Box size is 6.5' X 14' with walls 5' high and tarp on top. I offered $750 and he said $900. The trailer is 15 years old. The owner installed new plywood and painted it 5 years ago. The tires are cracked. But, he will give me 4 used tires in good condition. He does not want the trailer because he is getting a new dump trailer for his tractor. This is my first trailer purchase. Is this a good trailer for a lawn care business. And, is the price reasonable?.

Any comments please. Thanks in advance, LCME

LCME Pictures 034.jpg

LCME Pictures 037.jpg

LCME Pictures 039.jpg

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

$900 sounds like too much for a trailer that old. its not an "enclosed" trailer, just an open trailer with plywood and a homemade tarp set up. open trailers are cheap, for a brand new one. ply wood and tarp alittle more. you may spend a few more bucks going new, but it will be new. tires have to be replaced? 4 tires are over $100 right there. just my opinion.

3. LCME

I agree, $900 is too much. I would like to make another offer for the trailer. In your opinion, how much would you offer?

4. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

LCME, I don't think I'd go any higher then the $750 you offered. I bought a new 2004 Big Tex 35AA 6.5x10 with 4ft ramp gate for $1100 this spring. My stepfather just got the same trailer in 12ft length for $1300. Now I just need to convince him to trade me his... :D

Buck

5. fga

i think you had a fair offer of $750. i wouldn't go any higher. let him sit with it a alittle while, and he should go with your offer. if not, its not your loss.

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I try not to agree with Adam, if at all possible, but I think he is right on this one.

OUCH. That hurt.

7. fga

That's why you're always wrong my friend.. :D

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

:laugh: :laugh:

If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right :angel:

9. fga

are you asking me on a "mandate"? :waving:

10. LCME

I agree here too. I thought the original offer was good enough. So, I'll stick to the $750 offer. If he doesn't want my money no loss to me. Thanks, LCME