Would you buy this?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hanserus, May 7, 2007.

1. hanserus

hanserus LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of buying this

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_14101_162754_43276_-1

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy it and buy something else?

I will be mowing a propertly which is about 2 acres and has a quite large bungalo property on it with a pool house and a pool - so all in all about a 1.5 acre worth of lawn surface.

I'm also want to do snow clean up in the winter on this property with this unit by attaching a snowplow attachment similar to this

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_14101_162754_43276_-1

Is this a good idea? I'm very new to this sort of thing. Is there better equipment I should consider?

Thanks!

2. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing with that mower is its brand new. So not much info on it yet. I have owned 4 cub cadets and had no problems at all.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Will you be using it for commercial work or just your private yard?

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If just for your private yard, then it should be OK ... however, if you're going to use it commercially, I wouldn't recommend it because it is not a commercial grade machine.

5. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

consumer reports has cub cadet as being one of the more problem prone mowers.

6. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

*COUGH* Geta ZTR *COUGH*

7. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Let us know your price range, then we could recommend some equipment models and such to you.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Get the blue one:

up_on_two.jpg

9. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

Too bad you're in Canada. I'm fixing to put a Cub Cadet 2518 on Ebay soon that's a lot nicer than the mower you listed.
    I bought the mower new for my dad a few years ago ($4500 list), he used it 1 summer, then sold his house and moved into a townhome (no yardwork). He gave the mower back to me. It has a 48" deck and 40 hours on it, only because I've pulled a spreader around the back yard with it (20 hours cutting time).:dizzy:

10. WPB55

WPB55 LawnSite Member

Craglawnmanor,
    Please let me know when the Cub 2518 goes up for sale on E-Bay. I would most likely be a buyer.
    Thanks, WPB55:cool2: