Would you buy this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Kawizx62003, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

I am about to purchase a turfamster for about $1700 new from dealer. I came across a new in box exmark 30 for $1275 local craigslist. Guy says he bought it but isn't going to need it. WHat do you all think???

I think Toro so I can have warranty…but thats a good deal. He says he bought it wholesale…

2. Golden Boy

Golden Boy LawnSite Member

Scam or stolen
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

Warranty,warranty,warranty and one more time for good luck-WARRANTY. Good deals go out the door really quick when things go wrong.

4. Kawizx62003

Thanks guys. just needed to hear it from others. Going for new.

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

If you want that craigslist one get the serials and have them run you are in Ohio lawn equipment gets stolen everywhere there.

6. Kawizx62003

Just talked to him again. Says it's a 2014 model as transaxle problems were in ilder units. I'm not concerned about stolen. I can easily look that up. I'm worried about trans issues. He knocked. It down to 1200
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kawizx62003

Got serial number, called dealer, they told me to call exmark. called exmark. unit stolen from a dealer show in california. dealer never reported it to exmark like they were suppose to. gotta love CL! Hopefully they can find the theif (I get a feeling the guy selling it has no idea) and prosecute.

8. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw this same unit and talked to the guy last week. He even sent me pics of it showing the serial number. I just didn't get a warm fuzzy about the whole thing.

9. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

10. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Excellent at least you were not stuck with a stolen unit that would get taken away and out of cash always got to be cautious on there. :waving: