1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

would you buy with out a demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, Jun 5, 2004.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

would you buy a mower if you could not demo it?

thanks in advance.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, thats why i've been looking for so long, I've only been offered to demo a gravely.

I'm going to check out cub cadets on monday and also exmark. Its like buying a car, you wouldnt buy it unless you saw what it could do.
  3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Not a chance!

Why risk buying the wrong mower or one that you dont enjoy using?
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i guess it would depend on if i'd had any prior experience with the brand/model.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

One of my neighbors that haas been in the lawn business, was good enough to help me slect the mowers that i use.

He has a John Deere 757, and some Scags, we got them out on my yard one day and just went to town, mow with this one then this one.

Short version i got a 727a and scag 36 w/b.

I have been marketing my business for 3 months now and it is starting to pick up. Got my first commercial the other day, which was anew business moving into an over grown location.

All thinking aside I, would rather make sales calls for my self than any one else.

P.S. Send more rain to Florida we need it....................:alien:
  6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Never again! Thats for sure.
  7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

We demo our Ferris and Walker mowers all the time. If you are expecting some one to shell out that kind of money you need to show them what they are getting for it. To answer your question, NO I would not.
  8. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i second that!