1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you do her two times if you knew what was coming?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LynyrdSkynyrd, Apr 30, 2004.

1. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Does or would any of you guys mow a lawn twice in one week if you knew or felt strongly that rain was coming?

You do your Monday rounds on Monday.

The weather gals giving a good hint that rain will set in on Friday and last until the following Wensday.

Would or do you guys go back and do the Mondays lawns again on Friday if the time premits and the grass has grown quite a bit?

I am thinking of doing it. If the rain does come at least their lawns will not look so bad as they would after being allowed to grow for 9 or 10 days without cutting.
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say sure, but it all depends on the billing you have set up, and what you expect to get from the customer.
    i think what you are offering is a great service to your customers, but you have to make sure if you expect to get paid for it, they know and agree to it.
    Maybe run it by them, unless you have free reign on taking care of their lawn (there are a few great customers like that :))
  3. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

I would plan on fitting it in on Friday, but just call and double check with the customer first. Just make sure they know it is planned to rain for 5+ days and I'm sure they will agree. :blob3:
  4. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

I do that on specific accounts who do not have a problem with it and have stated that they want it to look nice all week long.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope! I've wasted more time and shanked myself too many times to ever listen to the weather idiots. I'll deal with the consequences when and IF it happens.
  6. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

no. that's too early. mow them next moday, or they get put off until the weather clears up.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

there are many times where I have mowed lawns only 5 days apart because of weather. It have saved my butt A LOT of times.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope, put them off. Just like snow, you never go by what the weather person says, wait and look out the windshield.
  9. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We do the same thing as tiedeman. some every 5 days.

In the spring, the grass grows so fast that on some lawns there is 3" or more of growth in 5 days.
  10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I would never have the time to cut a lawn twice a week, :confused: