1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would You Do This?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnspecialties, Apr 29, 2008.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Most of my customers, I have on email and we correspond primarily that way. It's been great for everyone. I also have what you would consider a more "personable" relationship with my customers. We talk on a first name basis and I'm always talking with them about some helpful tip or something similar concerning their lawn. They know they can call me anytime with a question or problem and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Also, I have a good friend (a former Captain of mine in the fire dept.) who has started a used golf cart business. He's already sold a few and seems to really enjoy it. He is the kind of guy you could send family to for buying a golf cart; he's just that nice and honest of a person.

Do you think it would be inappropriate to send a friendly email to all my customers telling them about my friend's golf cart business? Golf carts are becoming more and more popular these days and some of my customers might actually appreciate the tip. I just don't want to abuse the priviledge of having their email addresses and also having someone think I'm trying to push something on them when I'm not.

2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I would not do it.
  3. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

If you know them by name, and talk to them often, then maybe get a conversation about golf started and mention your friend.
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i wouldnt do it either. no way.
  5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, probably better to do it in person. You don't wanna come across as being pushy, either.