would you even respond to this call?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

beep: "hi, my name is smith, i live at 123 smith street. i need a lawn service. what i need is my lawn cut like every 2.5-3 weeks, and maybe see if you can improve the condition. thanx." would you even bother responding? this is a call i got saturday

2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

yes, i would say Hi mr. so-n-so we maintain our accounts on a weekly basis only, are you interested in an estimate? If not, see ya.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'd ignore it, but if you are feeling whimsical you could call them back and tell them if they want to improve the condition of their lawn it needs to be mowed WEEKLY. Hell, even mowed weeds look better than foot high nice grass...

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure the price for weekly cutting is $30, every other week $60, or every 3rd week $90...

5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes i would call and say HI this is bobby our 2.5-3 wk service is 2.5-3 times more than our weekly program. Cutting at your rate i can guarantee nothing but cutting at our weekly program with fertilization i can guarantee results that your not comfortable paying for :waving:

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ah...but wait, what about the coveted "reputation" that you worked so hard to build. wouldn't onlookers think you were just a slacker, and only showed up every few weeks?

7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

wear a disguise :cool:

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

just charage em what its worth and stop asking useless questions.

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Had one yesterday. gave him a fert quote 2 years ago. 20000 sq ft..he was paying $45. Called me up yesterday...i'm like i remember you you were paying some crazy price like $45. yeah thats me. Well the price is still $80.... ummm i might call you back.... :)

10. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member