Would YOU ever buy a Toyota Pickup?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, May 4, 2007.

?

Would you ever Buy a Toyota truck?

1. Yes

101 vote(s)
    61.2%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Just what the title says. I know alot of you, including me, are fans of chevy, ford, dodge, etc. But, would you ever see yourself in a Toyota? I personally, don't see myself every buying one. I would much rather drive an American truck over a Toyota.

MoWinmoneyy likes this.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have both a 94 Toyota pickup and an 05 Ford PSD. They both have their purpose. in this gas crazed age I drive the Toy a lot more than the PSD unless I'm hauling. I find that most days I don't need the big truck and I can take the mini truck instead. The Toyota takes a lot of abuse (plowing, hauling, oversized wheelbarrow) and has never left me stranded. I'm currently looking for a slightly upgraded model as I would love to have AC/power windows in it. When my ford is old and tired I don't think I'll be buying another one.

3. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

I think he is referring to the new full size toyota. The compact pickup from toyota and nissan are phenominal. Im sure the new full size tundra will be great too BUT, I will never buy one! I love my GMC too much!

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I love my chevy and I love fords also. I don't like the toyota trucks but I do have to admit they do have good commercials. But I would take a toyota over the new crappy honda trucks

MoWinmoneyy likes this.
  5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yea, im talking about the new 1/2 ton trucks.

I do agree that they have good commercials, and thats what prob sells them.

6. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

www.ttora.com

I Love My Tacoma!!! You can not beat those trucks. As for a full size truck. The new Tundra is...ummmm...bad ass. I will honestly say that I would buy a new Tundra over any other new 1/2 ton hands down. Toyota has dominated the truck market and if they start bringing over 3/4 and 1 ton diesels, watch out "Big Three"

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

bought a tundra new in 03 . best vehicle i have ever owend by far. my last toyota lasted 23 yrs and 300k. go test drive a new tundra -your ford or chevy wont seem so great after that

8. snowbrdr360

snowbrdr360 LawnSite Member

NEVER! Only American

9. Jimmyed

Jimmyed LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have had several chevy trucks and a ford. I switched to toyota and will never look back. I had more problems out of the "american" cars than I care to share, 2 were new. I have a newer tacoma and a 90 p/u. No problems out of either. I have put 70k on the older truck and I have done nothing more than change the oil, brakes, ujoints, tires, and a battery. And everything still works. The chevy, all the interior stuff quit after 3 years, heater fan would only work full blast, ac quit all together, factory radio quit, guage cluster broke 4 times, cruise quit working.
    Never again.

10. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

To each his own, but htere will be no Toys in my driveway.