Would you ever Buy a Toyota truck?

• Yes

Votes: 101 61.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 38.8%

Would YOU ever buy a Toyota Pickup?

13K views 82 replies 44 participants last post by  tundraman 
#1 ·
Just what the title says. I know alot of you, including me, are fans of chevy, ford, dodge, etc. But, would you ever see yourself in a Toyota? I personally, don't see myself every buying one. I would much rather drive an American truck over a Toyota.

#27 ·
To each his own, but htere will be no Toys in my driveway.
I couldn't have said it better. I really don't have anything against the foreign stuff. I prefer an american name. For me it's gotta be a BOWTIE and nothing else. IMO GM has always made the best Half-ton, it's the only one that still looks like a good ole truck. The new fullsize Nissans and toyotas are great for pencils pushers that want to look like contractors on saturday when they go to home-depot.

#28 ·
Not really. A truck can cost up to 50k, where as an engine costs 2,000 tops. Big difference.
I run ALL Kohler and Briggs, The only exception is all my REDMAX 2cycle stuff, you just can't beat redmax when it comes to whakers and blowers

#29 ·
I guess you will be the guy I see stuck on the side of the road. I own a dodge, and I like it a lot.
Fords have never left me stranded yet in 11 years. When I was doing HVAc work my work truck was a chevy, never left me stranded either. No everyday experience to speak of with a Dodge. Never driven a Toyota, never rode in one and don't plan to. They may be built in the US but the corp. headquarters is in Japan, which means that's where the money goes.
My dad has sold Ford's for about the last 20 years, so for most of my life Ford products put a roof over my head and food on the table. I think I'll stick with them, if for some reason someday I can't have Ford it'll be a Dodge or Chevy. If those aren't available I'll get an Old Ford and keep it running. But it'll be a cold day before a Toyota, Nissan or Honda sits in my driveway!

#33 ·
I use a 2000 Tundra for all my towing with no problems, she cranks and runs like a brand new one and is just broken it with a 111k miles. Mileage is ok for a V8, gets 15 in town and 21 on the road. Towing in town still gets around 13 with the AC on. Everyone has their own favorite and I will might buy GM or whatever strikes me next time.

#37 ·
Ive owned Toyota trucks and cars and can say without hesitation they make some of the best vehicles in the world. I dont know if I would use one for work but if you want a vehicle that will get great gas mileage, is well made and will run forever then buy a Toyota. The American car manufacturer is finally catching up to foreign companies. Its sad its taken this long.

#38 ·
What cracks me up is that so many of us cry buy American(myself included) but 99% of what we all own has some form of made in China in it. Unfortunately until we make a bigger push to the politicians and our American manufacturers we will continue to be at the foreigns mercy. I personally will be getting a new Ram 2500 in the next 6 months, but if I didn''t have the Chrysler discount I would take look at the new Tundra and put it in the running. Maybe when Ford and Gm give some better discounts they will stop loosing customers, but I don't see that happening soon.

#39 ·
What cracks me up is that so many of us cry buy American(myself included) but 99% of what we all own has some form of made in China in it. Unfortunately until we make a bigger push to the politicians and our American manufacturers we will continue to be at the foreigns mercy. I personally will be getting a new Ram 2500 in the next 6 months, but if I didn''t have the Chrysler discount I would take look at the new Tundra and put it in the running. Maybe when Ford and Gm give some better discounts they will stop loosing customers, but I don't see that happening soon.
Especially since Dodge is a Germany company....

I have a Dodge 2500, but would buy a toyota if the product fit my needs....

#41 ·
I would not buy a Toyota for three reasons:
A. They are the most ugly trucks I have ever seen
B. They make the claim that properly equipped, the new Tundra can tow up to 11,000 pounds or something like that. WHO CARES! My '05 Ram can tow up to 12,000 pounds when properly equipped. And Toy thinks their truck can tow the most! BS!
C. My truck was built in America using American parts. Does anybody pay attention to the Toyota commercials, "Built in the USA" and on the bottom in smaller letters it says, "using globally sourced parts" For people that say that "big three" trucks are built in Canada and Mexico, look at this picture:
It says "Built at St. Louis North Assembly Plant"
USA all the way!

Hood Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle door

#44 ·
Lawn Enforcer, just because it was "assembled" in the USA does not mean parts were made here.

I guarantee your radio and NUMEROUS other parts were made in different countries.

I know 3 people who worked for GM for a combined 75 years that can back me up on that.

#46 ·
if i could afford a new tundra, then hell yes, i would buy one, heck even two. I love how they never die, i wheeled my old toyota pickup so bad, it had to get towed out of a mud hole up to the windows with a kubota tractor. I've beat on them and you can't kill them, plus they are just plain fun to drive and a pleasure to own.

#47 ·
if i could afford a new tundra, then hell yes, i would buy one, heck even two. I love how they never die, i wheeled my old toyota pickup so bad, it had to get towed out of a mud hole up to the windows with a kubota tractor. I've beat on them and you can't kill them, plus they are just plain fun to drive and a pleasure to own.
I four wheeled the hell out of my tacoma also. when I took it in for maint. they drained water out the block. I had been driving with it like that for months. Never hurt a thing!

#49 ·
ya but the torque is another thing.
As far as I know the tundra has more torque and more HP then ANY of the big 3's half tons. The above poster was incorrect about HP, its actually 401 lb's of torque and 381 HP. Id say the tundra is MORE capable of towing larger loads then the big 3. And all that made in the USA bull like really, WHO CARES aslong as its good.

#51 ·
We just bought a new 2007 Tacoma 2WD 4 cyl for our sales and maintenace truck. The ting is awesome. 24 mpg driving the way I do and still being able to throw **** in the bed. Definately not a towing vehicle but serves its purpose for us. We put 700-900 miles a week on it.

As far as the Tundra. I like the new one. Wouldnt have it for a work truck. We need 3/4 or 1 ton trucks for our business. Would I own one if they made a 3/4 ton or 1 ton? Hell yes. Our fleet is a GM fleet minus the new Tacoma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.