Would you feel bad?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowgli, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I went to give an estimate for leaf clean-up. After i took a look at the yard,i was thinking to myself 4 hours. 4x$40=$160+$25 bump fee = $185.
    And that what i told her $185. She sad OK. She written me the check before i was finish.
    I finished the job and out of their in two and half hours.

What do you think?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what is the bump fee?
  3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you feel bad? If the job had taken longer than 4 hours, would you have charged her more? If not, then there's no reason to charge less if it took less time.

She agreed to pay you X dollars for a specific service. You provided the service. She paid you. What's the problem?
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd make sure to complete with a follow up phone call to make sure she is happy n calls next spring or next year fore anyother service which you may provide fore her
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Feel Bad?:D :D I would feel great that I actually didnt understimate on one and made a decent profit. Just look at it as a gift for the ones you will underbid on! Lady agreed to your price, paid you, go cash the check and enjoy!
  6. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

I assume you are wanting opinions on what is the right thing to do. Only you can answer that. So think about the situation. If you took your mower for some needed service and the dealer quoted you an estimate of 4 hours labor and then finished in 2.5 hours, would it be fine for him to charge you 4 hours labor because that was what he estimated? Sometimes I have to ask myself, "how would I want to be treated if the situatuion were reversed?"
  7. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem, if you feel really bad wash her car or something.
  8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

lol, wash her car haha. I would feel good that I actually turned a good profit for once and that my productivity was that high.
  9. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Really lawn manaic. I was joking. I agree with you. I underbid a couple this year myself. But I would not intentionally screw someone.
  10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

No, not intentionally, he estimated his services for X hours. Just because it only took Y hours doesnt mean he screwed anyone.