1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you fertilize with this weather coming?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by shearbolt, Jun 28, 2003.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

what is 20% u-flex?
  3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

U-FLEX is a slow release N. I have a few bags of the close to the same stuff if the places have sprikler systems I would not be to worried
  4. forgot to tell us how many lbs per 1000 you are going to apply?

I wouldn't be afraid to apply up to 8 lbs per 1000 of 38-0-0 nitroform this time of year in my location! That's 3.04 lbs per 1000 of actual n with normal average temps of 88 degrees.
  5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Having read your background info and not being certain of the release characteristics of nitroform, (although I do know its slow release) are you suggesting he put down 3 LBS of N per 1000 in one application???? All the literature Ive ever read coming out of Rutgers and other turf sights recommend 4 to 5lbs of N FOR THE YEAR with most to go down in the Fall.

Not being critical, just need to know if that advice was accurate and to learn some more regarding nitroform.
  6. nitroform is 67% win
    3 to 4 lbs of n /1000 /year is adequate maintenance rate for my area!
    2/3 of n should be avaiable for late summer and fall!

NO, I didn't recommend he put down 3 lbs of n /1000, but I can think of a few examples where I would consider on cool season turf!
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Im confused.......:confused: :confused: In one app???
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

just put the whole bag down, whatever happens, happens, if u smoke the lawn, u could just tell them it was a fungus and sell them a thatching +seeding job.
  9. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Now thats thinking like an entrepreneur!payup
  10. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a GOOD one Bobby!!:D :D