1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you follow your customer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Contract Spot, May 14, 2009.

1. Contract Spot

Contract Spot LawnSite Member

Credit cards are crazy... but the reason we built our solution is because we believe more and more customers will demand it. For example, I never carry cash anymore and I haven't written a check in years. When I go to the store I always use my credit or debit card... and even though the stores eat the fees, you know they just mark up their prices to cover it. As a customer though, I don't even think twice about that. I have pulled up to a gas station before that doesn't accept credit card (very rare) and gotten right back in my car to go to one that does.

I believe the same thing will happen in the service industry. More and more contractors will begin using solutions like ours because it simplifies their customer's paperwork and allows them to pay with credit card. However, in the end, the contractor will simply mark up his prices and the customer will pay the fees.