would you give her the info?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 21, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, i started there 3 yrs ago. she been through 5-6 other services. the place was a wreck when i got there. the other services including 2 very well known commercial fert companies just couldn't get it right. the first season was a great improvement, the second even better, and year three the lawn is absolutely sweet! they are pleased. they asked for a quote on some landscaping, they said i was high. they hired someone else. fine by me. only problem is, 3 weeks in a row when i showed up to cut, this guy has stuff all over the lawn. first time i wasn't happy. second time very unhappy, 3rd time this is rediculous, he's taking a month to do a 3 day job. i billed her for my return trips for all 3 weeks. this got her very upset. i wasn't budging. she called and said she is cancelling service. but, since i was the only one who could keep her lawn thick, green, free of weeds and insects, could i send her a detailed schedule and product list so she could pass it on to the new guy. ha ha ha ha ha. not a shot in hell i told her. now, by law i have to provide "proper notification." this is dates, and product labels. OR, they are welcome to decline the label information, by checking the "i decline" box and signing next to it, which is what she did back in february. so the way i see it, i do not have to give her any information. how do you see it? would you hand it over?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

tell her you used a half and half mixture of round up and bleach. then followed that up with a truck full of horse manure dumped on the front lawn..... and it must be done in the heat of july/august.

oh, by the way....... perth amboy is a dump, you were right on that.

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say no way, BUT......

It might be easier to give her a list, just make one up! This way she doesn't get the DEC or whatever agency there is in Jersey involved. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, but who needs that ache in the nether region? I hate having to give my clients the list of dates/product info etc. but what are ya gonna do?

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Stuff her, give her nothing...how rude! Some people amaze me...
    It's your business, your experience etc, why give that to the competition? Hell no! If the new guy she hires is so good he won't need your info....

But I know nothing about US contracts so don't know if you are legally bound or not, but surely not?

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I would have dropped her when she hired another company to do the landscape.

Give her a list of nonsense

6. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The fact that she wants you to write down the program and give it to her so she can fire you is just brutal.

I wouldn't tell her a damn thing. Surely she won't bother you with a follow up phone call. If she contacts the state dept of agriculture, they probably won't have the man power to even call you...let alone fine you.

There's no way I tell her what I applied.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

7. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

No.

I would not.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well well, look what cat dragged in. he's back again??? oh no. who left the door open?

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

"AAAAHH"..... good times:)

10. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

OK,

Its a movie.

Two words.

First word.

"You go to New York City and theres tons of them on the streets, they're yellow, there are people of color inside......"

"C'mon you know, the Indian guys with the little Crown air freshener, incense........ "

"Robert Deniro "