Would You Guys? This Equipment?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Steve's Mow & Trim, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

I found a guy selling his Lawn Care Business because of divorce. I am not looking to run his business or use his accounts, I am just interested in the equipment. He is selling: (Package Deal, Won't Seperate)

*1988 CHEVROLET PICKUP 180000 MILES
    *2004 SCAG TIGER CUB ZTR 380 HR'S, STRIPER KIT, 20 HP KOHLER ENGINE.
    *2006 HUSQVARNA ZTR 61in 120 HR'S, STRIPER KIT, 23 HP KAWASAKI ENGINE
    *16' LANDSCAPE TRAILER, TRIMMER LOCKING RACKS, BACKPACK BLOWER
    RACK, COOLER RACK, WOOD FLOOR
    *SHINDIAWA WEEDEATER AND ECHO BACK PACK BLOWER(Don't Know Any
    Info On These)

How much do you think all this is worth? I figure truck=$1000, Scag=$4000, Husqvarna=$4000, Trailer=$1000.......Total=$10,000....Offer Him $5,000 :)

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Try it you never know. My guess is he'll want around $7,500. Would be a nice upgrade for you. If I was you I'd keep your JD and his Scag and try to sell the Husky on ebay for $4,500. Then It's like getting all his equip for pennies on the dollar.

3. Steve's Mow & Trim

I looked up the Husqvarna and it is like $8500 new, its only got a little over 100hrs on it, wouldnt it be worth more than 4500

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

No. That model on ebay new from several dealers was only $5999. I was checking a couple weeks ago when I sold mine for $3200. There good mowers but after comparing to other mowers its not quite as well built. Look at the scag and then look at the Husky and you'll see what i mean.
    You gotta remember that even though its only got 100 hours its still used. There won't be any warranty since your not the original owner. Huskys don't bring the money a scag or exmark will, plain and simple.

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont think you would get even close to getting all that for $5k. Unless of course the wife is trying to gut him and he just wants to get rid of it.

HOw come you didnt post what his asking price is?

6. Steve's Mow & Trim

Alright Sounds good and all but If i could get it all for 5-8k, I would get rid of the truck for like $1500, sell my existing trailer for $600, Sell my john deere for $1200, keep his trailer and 2 mowers + other equip. He is on ebay selling this stuff at buy it now for $13,000 and starting bid at $5,000....I'm thinking nobody is going to bid because they have to buy all his stuff and unless they are near his they won't travel that far to get it all....

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Make him an offer all he can do is say no.

Business 101.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Let me know who he is and I will buy it all for $7000 if he will take it if you don't want it.

9. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I saw the exact same set up on ebay.

10. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Dude came here for advice and he's going to end up losing it to a higher bidder ...lol.. gave out too much info. Gotta go- ebay's calling.