Would you hire him

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beaver, Jun 17, 2005.

1. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

this morning i was driving down the street and i noticed an suv towing a trailer full of old equipment that looked very unproffesional. to make things worse this "landscaper" had DUI plates on the front of his truck.(if you get too many DUIs in ohio you get fancy yellow liscence plates so everybody can see your an idiot) i was thinking to myself that is the most unproffesional thing i have ever seen. to make things worse he underbid everybody and landed a mowing contract for an apartment complex and he does a terrible job

would you ever hire someone like this?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't......but there are plenty of people who will.

3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

so you wouldnt hire me? I had a DUI 6 years ago but havent had a drink in 3 years.I have a wonderful LCO going and its getting better every year. Give this guy a break. Maybe hes just trying to go straight.

4. Mo Green

My response wasn't based on the DUI alone. My best friend has had 2, and now he's straightened himself out, and I respect that.

If this guy was cutting my neighbors yard and doing a terrible job, no....I wouldn't hire him.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, how are you supposed to get experience if you can't practice a lot...

6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

If you had a DUI and that was shown on your plate, I would not hire you. I realize you could get a DUI and not be an alcoholic, but not my problem. YOu screw up and you get punished for it.

7. Mo Green

practice what?

8. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

The original thread stated that you get the special plate for "too many DUI's". I don't think we're talking about the one time guy. I wouldn't hire him.

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Genius, we're not talking about one DUI. Read the original post.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

In this guy's case, the yellow dui plate is probably WHY he's cuttin' grass.