1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would You Hire Me???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milsaps118, Jun 5, 2007.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

3. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

i've actually seen this guy before on w 50th and dupont in minneapolis. was the funniest thing i have ever seen. has a trailer hooked up to his bike with a push mower, broom, shovel, and trimmer. this dude's not a kid either. he's probably in his forties.
  4. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Your right, sounds like a kid tring to make some summer cash. I just thought it was kind of funny reading the add.
  5. Grits

from Florida

If this is true then it is pathetic. No worries with this guy....he isn't the competition. Probably got a DUI, or either loves his cardio workout wwaayy too much.....but at least he is working....still pathetic though.
  6. Grits

from Florida

Oh yeah, the ad reads funny as heck!!!!:laugh:
  7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hah, can't tell if it is a kid or not. Anyways, craigslists ads for lawn mownig are always so pathetic.

A few weeks ago, someone here posted a link to one that said something of the extent of "I am a professional landscaper offering lawn service to women for whatever they have to offer" LMAO....
  8. Grits

from Florida

:laugh: Hell, that's a great idea!
  9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

There was a whole company based on Bikes and those little trailers here in Winnipeg but it was in the window cleaning field. It was called Cycle Window cleaning. There selling point was they were green (green horns I thought).
    Those guys got paid a % and a low one at that. They are not around anymore but they used to park there bikes and little trailers, chained up at busy intersections.
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I started out on a bike , rubber strapped the electric weedeater, electric blower and 200 ft. cord, gas can all to the push mower and hauled it around town at 13 years old.

two years later, 20 acounts, ON A BIKE, I fianally hire a guy to drive his truck, I pay for his gas, and we grow to 35 accounts.

I had 3 part time helpers and around 60 accounts before I graduated high school, making about a grand a week. back in 87, that was some good green. I probably make less now adjusted for inflation.

don't underestimate bike guys, they can grow faster than you think. plus they don't pay 200 bucks a week for gas.