Would you hire me?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by JBLandscaping11, Jun 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JBLandscaping11

JBLandscaping11 LawnSite Member

Hey guys.
    Im 14 and have been looking for a summer job to go along with mine since i only have 5 accounts. I would only work on a lawn truck, because i have like adhd and couldnt stand at a counter at mcdonalds for anymore than 10 minutes. I have 2 years of experience with commercial mowers, and 4 years of experience with commercial trimmers and blowers. you will be suprised how long i can go without getting tired. i live in bridgewater nj, in somerset county. we could talk about transport to and from work. thanks

2. JBLandscaping11

monday night bump... i need work! ill work for a good price too

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You're under 18 so you can't operate power equipment for a legit company...so you're probably not going to get many bites

4. richey

richey LawnSite Member

Can he not be hired because of insurance or because of state or national laws? I thought minors age fourteen and over can operate power lawn mowing equipment....

5. JBLandscaping11

Thats what i thought.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I would be going to landscape companies in your area and asking if they need help, try a nursery of garden center.

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Wel when i was looking for a jobl I talk to some companies and it's more of a liability thing...

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you plan on getting to and from work ? that is one thing I hate doing is picking up and dropping employees

I worked for a company where I had to pick everyone up and drop them off after work what a pain that was.

9. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

need to be 16 in NJ to legally operate power equip. but you could work for a landscaper planting flowers, manual labor, etc. or at a garden center watering flowers and carrying product to cars.

unfortunately most seasonal businesses have already hired and are likely cutting staff after the spring rush...

10. Antiskell

Antiskell LawnSite Member

Not in your area but my insurance company would ave a big problem with me putting you on a commercial z turn. From what i understand the vo ag program in a local highschool gets kids summer work. They have to be 16, have thier own transportation and pass a skills test with numerous pieces of equipment. They also have to pass a written test and fill out formal resumes and work requests. Plus the parents have to sign off that its ok for the kid to be at multiple job sites and working.

Im not 100 percent sure how it works but this is what i have been told.....

Oh to answer your question....no i wouldnt hire you quite yet, transportation is an issue and you age prohibits per laws and insurance.