would you jump on a new JD 737 for $7000?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IMAGE, Nov 2, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I had been leaning towards exmark, but being in the midwest the JD dealers are big here, so service should be great. Today I went to RDO to look at snowblowers and got to talking about ztr's. Because of the time of yr they are willing to sell me a new 737 for $7000 and a bagger for $2000. Sounds like a heck of a deal. He mentioned apr @ 0% for 36months too :)

I dont think I should pass on this... what do you guys think?

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a heck of a deal! You will love the machine and the service from the dealer if they are anything like most JD dealers.

3. IMAGE

from midwest

I have been sitting here looking at the specs of the Lazer ct(exmark I was considering) and JD 737 and the 737 wins out big time. I think I am gonna have to go for it. I can't find the 36 @ 0% on the JD website, so I need to confirm that first, because I dont want to pay interest on it in the garage all winter.

This is awesome! Talk about jumping in head first!

4. tamadrummer

Even if the major JD corporate may not still have 0% apr for 36 the dealer may have it because that is how Highland Turf and Tractor works here. They keep things going well beyond the main company sponsored times.

You will love the 737!!

5. IMAGE

from midwest

Tama,

What do you know about the different baggers available? Is there one in particular I should get? I see people talking about a powerhead, what is the other option? I am not sure which one the dealer quoted me, I am gonna have to check.

6. tamadrummer

I dont know diddly about the baggers.... :laugh: Most don't bag down here. I am included.

You probably want to talk to more of the northern guys about that kind of stuff. As far as cutting goes, I demoed a 737 before I bought my 727 and I loved it but the 737 was out of my reach. As far as high grass goes, when there are windrows, one second pass over and everything is gone!

7. IMAGE

from midwest

Sweet! Thanks, I am really looking forward to using it!

Anyone out there use the bagger??

8. p0wd3rp1l0t

p0wd3rp1l0t LawnSite Member

i use a jrco cart for my 777, it works great cuz i just dump it at the back of my dump truck and vac it right in.

9. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

no bagger but you will love the mower.i mulch.

10. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

nope, only exmark for me