would you keep a client that you could NEVER upsell?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 12, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

first year lawn mowing at her house. gave price for mow, ok we're on. give price for ferts -too high, they hire a local chain to fertilize the weeds in thier lawn. she asks for price on fall leaf cleanup-too high, she used local bean brain for half my price. would you even bother mowing the lawn for her anymore, knowing full well that you can never upsell on anything there?

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

theres no money in just mowing grass! but you may want to check your prices!

3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

As long as I made money on the mow, I would.

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

theres no money in lowering prices...

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

lowering prices? i was talkin about raising your mowing prices to compensate for the lack of extra work!

many people have crashed hard "jumping to conclusions"

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

well then excuuuuuuse me

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Accounts like that I do not get rid of but at the same time I wont go out of my way for. Any problems and I will drop them at the drop of a hat.

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

If i don't make at lest 4,000.00 a year on a prop i wont take the cut. I'm a full service comp if they don't wont to spend the money for a pristine job call little johnny .

9. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

After I saw she hired someone else to work on the lawn, I would have backed up my eqipment and :waving: goodbye never to see that property again

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby,
    norm is very subtle, even he doesn't know what he's saying. that's why he posts pictures.

and if i was making decent money cutting the grass, i would keep it anyway. just cuz they are thrifty, doesn't mean the neighbors are, and their neighbors, etc. etc. sometimes you just need a foot hold on a block before you take it over.