Would you kiss

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Nov 22, 2005.

?

Would lenghts would you go to retain a super paying cilent

1. Yes I would kiss ass

25.7%
  2. No I never would kiss ass

14.9%
  3. I only kiss ass if im paid enough

47.3%
  4. I'm a Mow-Joe dumb enough not to know the difference

12.2%
  1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

What lengths would you go to keep your best client’s happy? For instance, would you take more from a super rich estate owner to keep the account? Would you take BS from a purchasing manager or property manager of commercial account that pays in stratosphere? Would kiss ass to keep a super paying PITA client that otherwise you would tell a lesser paying account, to jump into the lake of fire?

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

we drop the whiners.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I kiss butt on bigger commercial accounts, I try to look at it as great customer service.

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

nah, I'm a bit funny about running things my way, I don't negotiate, I don't give freebies, I don't kiss up.....too old and cranky for that crap these days, it's my way or no way, yes I miss a lot of jobs because of this, but the ones I get are very good. gotta be selective, gotta know you are in control.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

like I polled, only if they paid enough and paid on time

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Better paying clients are paying for better service.........sometimes that just means dealing with some annoying attributes. It's ALL about SERVICE, after all I believe it's pretty well established that there is a bit of competition out there.
    If you're not willing to deal with a clients complaints, which more often than not are quite simply and easily accomodated then someone else certainly will, and most likely for a lesser fee.

7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

A little bit goes a long ways......A lot is just downright sickening

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think you should do what a customer wants. thats what you get paid for and if you don't they will give you a bad reputation and you won't get any of the neighbors grass to cut. Thats how you become successful and you will make 20-25k a yr

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

MAC,

I think this is the most profound post; my eyes have ever witnessed you post. Have you now acquired the aspiration of Mow-Joe lol .

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that he was joking Bill :)