Would You Like Me To Edge This Once Grass Grows Over? No I dont think so

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Mar 27, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you edge every yard you do? I wish i woundnt of even asked her and just did it. I was estimating a job in a neighborhood i advertised in and this lady has about 1/2 acre on a sort of hilly area but not 2 bad and not many trees so i estimated her at $45.00 and i asked her when i went to get her to sign the estimate if she wanted me to edge her walk way and drive once it grows in b/c it was pretty much dirt now but it will grow and she said no i dunno but it makes me feel weird bc i edge every yard i can but she dosent want it but 4 some reason i feel weird about it. Do you only edge when asked or do u use it in the plan i had it added with the trimming but it was a little area but she said no so i was like ok. Should i try to talk her into it or just leave it? -Mitch-

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I usually give it one good edge and then can keep it looking good with the weedwhacker. I also tell them up front before I start what my procedure is and never had one not to tell me to edge. If she has already said she does not know just make it look decent with the weedwhacker and let it go. Just my .02. If she saw how good it looked edged would probably be well pleased but cant never tell about folks these days.

3. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3/4 million dollar house I do sitting on an acre. Grass is PERFECT! She doesnt want the brick sidewalk edged or trimmed ever. It really pisses me off leaving the yard looking so good but the sidewalk is overgrown.

Apparently the last guy who did it edged it so deep and almost an inch away from the sidewalk that weeds started to grow in it.

Ive tried to talk her into it but to no avail.

4. DSLND

The nice thing is is that she lives at the end of a colvesack and her driveway is sort of hidden and theres a curb half way up the driveway. God if i lived in a big fancy house i would definately want it edged.

5. PGA

WTF is a colvesack?

6. DSLND

"Couldesack" sorry cant type today. Its monday and im still tired. lol

7. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I think you mean 'CUL-DE-SAC'...

8. PGA

LOL, ok, I thought it was sort of housing development or something.

9. DSLND

I dunno it just bugs me that i offer to make her place look even better but she dosent want it to.

10. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'll power edge only the lawns that are not over grown in the first place. I can zip down with the edger faster then the trimmer and I don't need to go back with the trimmer afterwards.

If the edges are overgrown, I'll offer to do it at a one time charge the first time then go around each time after.

I generally don't ask if they want it and I get phone calls saying how nice it looks afterwards.