Would you load up for one clean up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 29, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, so I stop off at one of my regular customers houses today to pick up the 2005 contract that she signed and she asked me if I was going to do her clean up.

Basically, back in October she told me she would get ahold of me if she wanted me to do a clean up, if it needed because she was tight with funds (funeral). So when she asked me today I looked around and it would only take about 30 mins to do and I told her $80 since she is a regular lawn customer.

Now would you guys load up for this one clean up (I don't have anymore to do, I finished all of them last week) that would only take 30 mins? Would it be worth it?

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

What else you got to do. I am sure your bordom can wait a few more days.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

If you wan tot keep the customer happy and it will only take 30 minutes and you have the time then do it. If you don't do it there is the possibilty of another LCO moving in to do it with a contract for next year in their hand as they get paid.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I would, as you have stated money was tight with a funeral, obvious she lost a loved one and maybe was pre occupied and forgot. She signed a 2005 contract and $80 bux for 30 min is some pocket change to knock around on now that the season is over

5. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I was thinking the same thing seems like a no brainer. ;) :cool2:

6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I would make her my last one for the reasons that you mentioned. Contracted Customer that just signed up for 2005 that had a hardship when the clean up was due, paying your rate. Yep......I would definitely do it.

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I would do it.

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

if i dont do it someone is going to take my account. And if i have time to be on here i have time for 1 more clean up. LOL

9. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

$80 for 30 minutes work, no other jobs to do plus you are making your customer happy and satisfied. Hmmm, let me think about this one.......

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

$80 in 30 minutes, or sit at home doing nothing........ I think I would go for the money.