Would you move to FL?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by noble1, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

My area might be considered the back woods or small town full of old timers. It is a Retirement area. But I have done OK with out fighting the big city traffic or crime. I guess it is all in what you want out of life. The Happiest time of the year for me is Snow Bird Go Home Day. So far the Big Boys have not pressed too hard on my area, so Competition isn't real bad compared to other places. But like all of Florida My area is growing, maybe Too Fast for my liking.

2. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Ric.. i tried to PM you and your box is full... Shoot me a email address

3. Hereandthere

Hereandthere LawnSite Member

I'm pretty late to the game but all this info on FL is really great fellas!

Anyone have info on the industry / price per cut / demand / supply in Miami?

And which neighborhoods are the best for landscaping there?

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I just Sent you a pm. Not sure if you received it or not?. I agree with Ric on your question. He is just down the road a spell from me. I will try and send you an email later this morning.
    easy-lift guy

5. Hereandthere

Thanks easy-lift guy! I'm currently trying to figure out how to enable private messages so I don't see it yet. I'd really appreciate the email!

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You need 10 posts to send and gets pm messages.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Hereandthere

Ooo got it - thanks Patriot Services!

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO If you want to make a nice living in Florida, GET A SKILL WITH SOME KIND WITH CREDENTIALS. Florida is hurting for skilled people. But full of unskilled labor who Roll out Grand Pa's Crapsman mower and claims to be a Landscaper.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

There is a big surge in heavy equipment operators. Electricians, plumbers and hvac are looking for helpers and I'm sure a sharp guy can move up and get the time needed to sit for a contractor license. Trugreen has even called me offering an applicators job. If I we're younger and needed the job I would consider it. I'm sure private cpos are looking for diligent applicants. In FLORIDA you need 3 years in most jobs to sit for state contractors license you need to strike out on your own. There's a shortage of certified welders too. Starting an lco from scratch is long and laborious with no guarantees and a lot of competition.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. But florida is the land of milk and honey
    Posted via Mobile Device