1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you REALLY take the customer back?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 29, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have been reading a lot of posts about customers dropping their current LCO's for other cheaper companies.

Now the real question to ask and be honest, if that customer didn't like the results of the other company and they begged for you to come back, would you???
  2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Sure. It's also a good time to renegotiate their weekly rates. Lets face it, business is business. If a regular customer at McDonalds decides to eat at Burger King for a while do you think McDonalds would turn him away the next time he walked through their doors? Then why would I? Most people are just working their butts off trying to make ends meet. I would rather have them switch to someone cheaper than to get stiffed. Then when their priorities change and they decide to hire me again because they like my work I would be happy to have them back. After all, it's just business.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it really depends on how busy I am, their pattern of behaivior towards their service providers and what they are paying. I just picked up a new res account, dont know how long it will last though. They are next door to two others I do, but they had two other lawn services in 3 years and I dont know the true story yet. Thet both (husband & wife) are lawyers. When they asked me for a quote, I bidded high for "PITA padding". So far alls OK, but I think they mite not be "loyal" kind of customers. Just my instinks tell me so
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It depends who it was and how they went about it. I just explained a situation in another thread where the guy said his son was going to do it because it was too expensive. I found out today that he found someone cheaper. He said if he needed me he would let me know. Of coarse I told him not to bother.

If they were honest and sincere.. I would have no problem taking them back. I wouldn't even hike up the price.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll take them back, but only on my terms, and if it's an account I like and want. If they dump me twice, then that's it. Relationship is over.