Would you recommend Lesco products?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by r_snowrider, Aug 1, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Would you recommend Lesco products? So I went into my local Lesco today and checked out some of their products. I looked at their backpack blowers, and I also talked to them about their truck-vac loader which is significantly lower priced than the competition (at $2,195).
    I don't know much about Lesco and their equipment. The guy said most of their equipment is produced by Commercial Turf Products. Will you guys please give me your opinion and experiences with Lesco and their products. They already approved me for their financing, and fall cleanup is right around the corner so I need to make an educated decision quick. Thanks for all your advice. Ryan
  2. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

I would definitly recomend lesco, I run all lesco mowers and couldnt be happier. Go for it
  3. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Definately a "Pro" outfit, my reps will even come out to look at troublesome lawns..........I'm Organic, cant use much of there product line, but all the bigger LCO's & Landscapers shop there. :) :waving: :alien:
  4. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a Lesco truck loader? I haven't been able to find out if it mulches up the leaves or if it just vacuums them. I looked on the site but it doesn't have a description. The people at Lesco knew nothing about it, and the tech department never called me back.
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

The only problem I could envision with lesco is that they don't have a great service(repair) department. If your equipment goes down and you have to take it in for service, and they don't have a mechanic on site....Just how long is your equipment going to be down.....That being said most properly maintained machines don't just go down....IMO....