Would you suck up the leaves??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Duramax99, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

A client calls today, they ask us to come over and suck up a pile of leaves from their clean-up, which the caretaker did. It's about 10yds. of leaves. We have a dedicated sucking truck for our own customers. Throughout the year we provide these services : mowing, fert apps, irrigation, tree apps, flower beds, and store the houseplants in the winter. Right now we are booked till thursday with our own clean-ups. Would you go over and suck up the leaves by thursday? Price is not an issue. Should we drop everything if we didn't do the clean-up?

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

don't even waste your time on this board telling us, if they want to pay you for the service, do it! and use the extra money to buy your family something nice for the holidays.

3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

"Money is not an issue" Bingo!Your other customers won't know someone cutted in front of them in line.

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

For money, I would do anything. Hope that helps.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

They are in a plie ready to be sucked up? No blowing,backpacking, or raking? What are you waiting for?? I just did one similarly last week. Lady called, leaves were piled at the curb, and just wanted to get rid of them. I said sure, $ 180.00(180+20 disposal)She said OK, I went and did it solo, and it took all of 45 minutes..Go do it!!

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

exactly my feelings as well. If it is only going to take a short time and money is not an issue then go for it

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i don't understand the question. a customer calls, asks for a service, and tells you that the sky is the limit on price. what seems to be the problem?

8. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

We didn't do the clean-up. They had someone cheaper do it. We have to remove the leaves. We are booked till thursday(thanksgiving) with profitable clean-ups. I don't want to have my leaf truck driving around town sucking up other companies piles of leaves because they cannot handle it. Then they underbid us for the job. No thanks.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

This one's a no-brainer IMO...I agree with ya, screw 'em.

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hop off your high horse dude and go suck up the pile....heck you can do it in the dark so as not to ruin your schedule to boot!