Would you take a 7000 sq ft Lawn, Mow, Blow and Go?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by customcurbdesigns, Feb 28, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Its about 14 miles from my house, very new higher end subdivision. I dont have any business in the neighborhood but I have done a few curb jobs in there.

Would you do a mow, blow and go for 80.00 per month?

I quoted 100.00 and he pays 90 now and all he wants to pay is 80? Would you do it to try to get more biz in the area or just forget about it?

Thanks

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

you quoted $100. He is willing to pay $90. He WANTS to pay $80. I WANT to pay less for my light bill and water bill and groceries. Problem is I have to pay whatever the cost is. Do you realize if you go through with this you will have cut your quote by 20%? You know he's gonna tell all his neighbors the kind of deal he was able to get out of you. They will all try to negotiate as well. No Deal Howie!

3. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

Do you really want to cut a lawn double the size a normal residential for $20 a cut?

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

At first, I thought I saw $80 per cut and for 7K sq ft I was like WOW nice price to get!
    Then I saw PER MONTH?!?
    Yikes...even at $100 per month thats just $25 per cut (or less with 5 week months) and that would be the flat out bare min I would get for a 1/4 acre lot.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is a small yeard here, must suck to be in utah. my own lawn is 9000 ftsq. i manage average 10-25k lawns. and lots say bigger than that. i dont cut any lawn for less that 30, most are 35 for small 7,8 ,9k lawns. then it goes up. that is too low, dont do it dude

6. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

yeah thats all we get here in Mexico I mean Florida as for taking the job to me it is not really the square footage but how long does it take you to mow it and get your hourly rate my lawn is 7000 and by myself mow edge weedeat blow 25 mins. But if you talk to him and see if some of his neighbors would be interested you can do great I would want 100 also but if you can get a couple it is worth it.

7. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

Ya, its really low. The only reason I even considered it is because I would like to get into the neighborhood.

It actully might be a tad bigger then that too. Wonder if I should do it or not...any more thoughts?

8. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

Find other ways to get into a neighborhood. Don't undersell yourself, my recommendation. You also mentioned it was currently a travel from other locations you have. At $20 your already at a loss, then if you don't get others you are a t a real lose out there.

9. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

:laugh:

Thats what I thought. I mean its not ideal but I can always bump him a little on other services. He does want curbing done in May so I am already making $$$ on that. I just want to do it to get others in the neighborhood. That was my guess, by myself I can prolly knock it out in about 30 mins. I am gonna try hard to nail others in the neighborhood.

10. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

where exactly is it