Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

I have a snapper pro 36 with kohler command 15 hp I've been wanting a 48 and this guy emailed me to trade he has a 48 bobcat with a 14 hp kawasaki. My biggest concern is I've heard the kawasaki engines aren't reliable . Is there a specific model or year that are prone to problems. Ill attach pics of my and his mower. Neither have hr meters but mine is very low less then 200 he said his is also low. Suppose to meet Saturday so need to make up my mind. Appreciate your opinion.

image.jpg

2. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Snapper pic

image.jpg

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

What year are the 2 mowers? You're going to find Kohler guys and KAW guys. I personally like KAW and have absolutely no Kohler experience, fwiw. With good maintenance, I would say both engines are reliable. That Bobcat looks well maintained, at least on the outside.

4. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I would pass on the deal.. While the Bob cat looks to be in real good condition it's an older fixed deck mower.... Probably 10 years old.. Nothing wrong with a fixed deck but you look like you got a nice floating deck newer mower.. probably less than 5 years old.. If you're wanting the 48 for covering more ground just add a sulky... Just my opinion...

5. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

The snapper is around 5-6 years old I bought it used but was like new not sure on the bobcat was hoping someone on here would know he said wasn't sure of the exact year but has light use, not familiar with bobcats.

Also I have a sulky already that I would put on the bobcat if I did trade

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Get the serial # and do your research.

7. weaver

Valk is correct. Get the serial # and research to be for sure.. But that thing I would say is at least 10 years old... Maybe older..

8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

It's a 1999 so you think I should pass it up? Reason I want a 48 is to cover more ground I only have one gate where it won't fit and I use my push . 36 won't fit either.

9. weaver

Well it's your mower & you can do whatever, I'm saying I would pass.. Winter is coming up and there will be all kind of mowers up for sale.. Use ally cheap...

10. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Yea starting to think the same about winter could just buy a backup 48 for cheap probably in December or so