Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was thinking.

The Kawasaki is a single cilender, which is ok but it will literally break your wrist if your not real careful, not to mention you have to work on the starter al the time.

I see those bobcats in good shape for around 1000$ all the time.

Id pass on that deal.

2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably pass it up as well especially if your Snapper has served you well.

14-15 year old commercial mower could be bad news

3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Snapper has been great just wish i had bought a larger deck.

4. larryinalabama

Offer the dude 800$ for the bobcat

5. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Really don't think I want the mower now , rather stay away from the single cylinder engines. Ill try and scoop up one for cheap over winter for larger properties maybe even a 52. Thanks for the replys can't believe I didn't notice the age of the mower at first and that it was single cylinder

6. larryinalabama

I have a mower with that engine, its super strong and the torque is better than a 2 cylinder. The starter is what gives trouble, I keep the "dogs" in my parts stock. Nothing other than that wrong with the engine.

7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

If your 36" is a hydro, I'd be interested in a trade. I have a new 48" bobcat. Mower is great. Only problem is I ain't fit my 60", 48, and 36 on my trailer! I HAVE to have my 36 for small gates, but it's a belt drive and I hate it

8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Nope sorry it's a belt drive but I would trade

9. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

I have a off topic question. Why does the deck have a slant on my snapper. There's about 6 inches beetween the deck and mower on the left side which makes me have to do 2 clean up laps instead of one because of the triangle pieces it would leave.

10. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

Id do it, your getting a better mower, and the size your looking for... The kawi will outlast a kohler any day of the week, i have a bobcat 48 from the late 80s, still going strong, only snapper youll see that old belongs to frrest gump... Good luck either way.