Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The deck is slanted or angle shaped so the blades don't hit each other.

2. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Weird you say that I had a 98 snapper with a kohler 12.5 still running strong before I sold it to get this one so I'm guessing you don't have experience with snappers. I used to work at a golf course all we ran were kohler a never had any big issues and where running them 8 hrs a day 7 days a week very strict maintenance though.

3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

That's what I figured but my old 36 had the same size blades and the deck had no angle was straight across. That small space even being only six inches is a pain to not leave triangles.

4. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

In your opinion if we're just talking about the motor which motor is better for reliability?

5. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Going to keep my snapper I'm done researching everything to death everyone has there own opinion. Thanks for all the replys and opinions.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you mow every lawn at same height the extra width savings would be lost. Fixed decks are not easy to height rapidly in the field. Not a bad looking mower though. Worth 500 to 750 all day long. Both engines are just fine when given basic care.

7. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I would call you moron but that is frowned on here. No chance that I would swap those mowers. With that snapper you have the Major advantage with the floating deck and an infinite height adjustment. Stay with the snapper.

8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

I feel like a moron I should of done my own research but yea I'm keeping my snapper going to buy a backup 48 over winter for next year.

9. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

my parents live next door to a huge snapper/toro dealer, ive been putting those things together out of the box since i was a little kid, i personally dont like them at all..

10. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

call me what you like, theres just no way a snapper will cut like that bobcat.