1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Not you :)
  2. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Just realized that haha. But still now that I look at it I would of been a moron to trade.
  3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Here's a picture of the cut don't know how much better it gets with a 36.

4. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

like i said, a snapper will never cut as good as a bobcat
  5. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Bobcat model year 2002, the 14hp kaw run's great & it cut's very well too, never had a problem with it, keep blades sharp,oil changed ,filters etc; it will do you good...i'm going to be trading mine in on a new ZTR in the spring cuz I have a lot of large lawn's & two dealer's said they would give me 1500 for it all day long! I've used this & many other Bobcat's in the past & they hold up & keep there value...see what the guy want's for it out right...kaw's & kohl's are both good engine's I have both.....
  6. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Asked me again to trade I told him it might be possible if he through some money in was going to ask for 400 and then trade or just keep my mower. I guessing mines worth right about 1200 and his 900 or so.
  7. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

What is wrong with that picture? It looks pretty good to me. I don't see you posting artwork of your Bobcat's potential

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Okay , I would like to hear the argument for this. Why will a snapper never cut as well as a bobcat ?
  9. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

I have a question. Why is he wanting to trade for your Snapper in the first place? I might of missed that somewhere but just wondering. And i agree that that cut looks good too, and I own a Bobcat... I think that we all have our personal preference as to what type of machine we use...The Bobcat in the pic's don't look bad & is older than mine by three yrs so you should check any mower that old out really well... see if he'll let you use it for a couple of cut's or something??? I would if you were in the area & was serious about buying it...it wouldn't hurt to ask...just my opinion on this part but...it sounds like you really like your Snapper so why trade at all just look for a back-up that you can use & could you use a 61" mower for your bigger areas or would that be to big?
  10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Fixed deck is a downgrade but the 14 kawi is an incredibly reliable engine - that bobcat would go for around 700-900 around here.