Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Bobcat sales have declined here over the years to almost nothing. Snapper Pro has been rapidly growing. The ICD deck has become popular on LS so Id say it does pretty well. I tried one on a Ferris a couple years ago and I should have a Ferris 3100 demo in a couple weeks so I will write a review on it with that deck. I believe Snapper Pro and Ferris are built in the same factory.

2. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

H wants to trade he said because he needs something to get into gates and the bobcat is not his primary mower. I'm trying to just sell the snapper now to buy a 48 he wouldn't add any cash on top of the trade. I do like the snapper a lot but wish I went with the 48.

3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Just ended up selling my snapper for 1500. The guy with the bobcat told me to make a offer on his mower. Do you think 700 is fair?

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Both are good, the single cylinder seems to be better in real tall grass. Like I say the single cylinder can be difficult to pull. I pull real easy to realeast the compression so I don't break my wrist.

5. larryinalabama

Its in the ball park. I paid 800$ for a Ferris 36" single hydro 13hp single cyl. Kawasaki in real good shape from a Lawnsite member several years ago. Still have it and use it on occasion, and it still operates fine.

6. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Yea I offered him 700 no response yet. If I do get that mower what parts do you keep with you? Dogs?

7. larryinalabama

The 2 plastic dogs or keys, there only a couple of dollars each. Mower shops have them, if they say they don't the briggs/Stratton are identical.

8. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

And that is because of your vast experience with both mowers? Or because you really have no idea what you are talking about?

9. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

vast experience with BOTH mowers, grew up putting snappers together, my parents back yard butts up to a dealer, there is no comparison. been running bobcats primarily for the past 10 years, minimal problems, and they cut by far the best. imo

10. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Lol, ok whatever.