Would you walk away from an account over dog droppings?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kennymo81, Nov 12, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

not ALWAYS true.

in fact of all the clients I have who own dogs the only ones who don't scoop and won't pay for it are the doctors and lawyers I cut grass for.

if I start looking at my clients who are on the lower end of the income they are the nicest most understanding clients who clean up after there pets because they wouldn't personally want to deal with piles while doing yard work.

the rich people have the attitude that we are just the yard people and they aren't gonna spend money on something as stupid as picking up dog crap.

and in this economy with they way competition is. I don't let it bother me. because I know if I won't cut there grass because of dog crap, someone else will.

2. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished my fall clean up this week (here that involves mulching leaves and then bagging if necessary) and final mow of my worst dog poo account. I priced it $10 higher than similar homes in the neighborhood for regular service. As I was hosing off my boots and tires from having stepped in a couple of piles. They came out, thanked me for work this season, and gave me $60 cash as a tip. Love the dog poo! This is a $60 cut and they nearly always tip $10 - $15. My favorite saying "there is enough money".

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

LOL, I just picked up a dog pound account.

4. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a dust mask on the ones that are bad. Afraid to breath in the dust from dry dog poo grass.

5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

some of you are extreme. a dust mask. really. do you wanna live forever.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

This stupid thread is still going? What a bunch of dogshit.
    Posted via Mobile Device