Would you work a commercial property for $150 / hour, solo guy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 7, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

The only parameter is, you get paid once every 6 months, and even then you have to threaten them with a lawsuit?

It's about 1.5 hours per week of turf maintenance, pays $225 per cut. Price is time and materials, so chemicals, fertilizers, mulch, all extra.

2. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I would Most Definitely have to Pass, i dont like the idea of working for six months before getting paid, i dont do Credit for residentials and not on commercials.. and NEVER For SIX MONTHS !. Good way to get screwed if you ask me.

3. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

$225 a week is horrible i usually make that in 6 hours

4. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

If you know how they operate and are good with payment once every 6 months sure, but do you really want to loan them money for that long,and then have to fight for it?

5. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

No way :nono:, theres a good chance you won't even get paid, I'm guessing your not a bank either, so why are you contemplating financing them at no interest to boot. Oh yea did I say NO WAY!!

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great.... now re-read his post.

That leaves him 38.5 more hours to make money. The $150 in labor for that 1.5 hours is pretty good. But personally I'd stay away from the 6 month pay period deal and the fact that you may have to file a lawsuit to get the cash.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

huh? hes talking about 1 job that takes 1.5 hours.

anyway, i had a nursing home that was always around 3 months late. i couldn't take it anymore so i dropped them after the year. it was good money but i always had it in the back of my mind that they were gonna stiff me some how. anyway, goodluck.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

So people here say you can't charge more than $50 per hour, but yet here's an account that allows you to charge $150 per hour, 200% rate increase and you just have to float the bill for 6 months.

It's not even that big of an account, 1.5 hours for 1 guy per week.

You're basically mowing 3 yards at once, and yet before anyone even knows how the customer is, "absolutely not".

No one thinks outside the box anymore?

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Ask anyone YOU have to pay if they'll accept an offer from you with those term...If you dont do it...you wont have to worry about collecting in 6 months.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's no problem, just tell them to pay the 6 months in advance.