Would you work on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Oct 9, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a quick question for you guys. Since it is not raining now, but it is supposed to rain tommorow through Wednesday night, would you mow today, so you weren't so behind later in the week? Or, should I just do all of the accounts that I miss in the next 3 days on Thursday (since I have the whole day off from School)? Thanks in advance!

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have worked on Sunday. If you get behind you need to work Sundays.
  3. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Only if I have to, like if it rains etc
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I will be working today since it will be raining the rest of the week.
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Only when I am behind and have to. Most of my clients would ask you to leave coming on Sunday with a few exceptions. In my area it makes you look bad pulling a lawncare trailor around on Sunday. The times I have to I ask the client if they mind being the weather has been bad and Im behind or I have been ill. Some will still say no. Had to do one last Sunday and I killed the biggest timber rattler I ever killed, dont know if someone was trying to tell me to go home. :)
  6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We will only work Sundays if its snow clearing. Other than that... its a day off no matter what. Paper work occasionally too.
  7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i will not work any day that nascar is on period! and besides sunday is my yard maintenance day only.
  8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Also for snow removal only.
  9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

It's still really wet here. I think I'll just mow on Thursday.
  10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I only think were going to get a few sprinkles or a passing shower the next couple days, so dont get stressed out. It will probably be better than worse this week.