Would you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

About 5 years ago I worked for a lco for about 7 years. I started mowing on the side and I decided I could do better mowing. After a huge blow out with my boss I quit at the end of the year.

I have got him work and he got me work but the payment for me leaaving was 1.25 ibs of fert on all my mowing accounts. This made it very hard to cut because of the excess fert. At first it was funny but now it is very old.

Last week I got a call getting reemed out about me cutting when he just ferted you lnow thats not proffesional the whole bit. Now I am at the point where this whole thing is stupid would you get your fert license and just take the lawns you do to stop the sabitage? Yes I did cut because I was back up and had to do those lawns...... We had previously worked together on cutting schedules now he does not even call. So I run right over the flags as if they are not there.
  2. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

This sound much like a marriage that has gone bad! Break ties and move on. Taking your frustration out on your customers by giving poor service is just wrong!

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like both of you have some growing up to do.
  4. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I'll say! How embarassing! Two boneheads having a dispute - and using their customers as the battlefield! This may not be the absolute worst example of a total lack of professionalism - but it's up there!
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

So the customer threw a fit over mowing after a granular fertilizer? I highly doubt your mower has enough suction to truly make any noticeable difference.
  6. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i say your right. i almost always do it and if anything it just helps spread it out more even. but i cut at 3 1/2 or higher also. and by the way what you guys are doing will put both of you way down the line from success for sure. you need to outsmart him. sounds to me like hes outsmating you with out you realizing it.