would your business survive???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sandgropher, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

If you broke a leg tommorow would your business carry on O.K or would you be in a lot of trouble ?? i am mainly thinking of solo operators here.:)
  2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, my wife would take over for me.
  3. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I would be in a world of trouble. I worry about that a lot. I work alone. I'm not lucky enough to have family or freinds that could take over for me. Next year I will be hiring someone to help me. Hopefully if I need a day off or if something happens they will be able to continue working.
  4. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

yes it would carry on. i have a close bussiness partner that would carry the load for a while. on the record..i would rather be ran over, face down in a mud puddle, by a dump truck full of dirty tampons than to have that happen.
  5. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I think you would then have more problems than a just a broken leg.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, esp. since it is about the end of the season. Between my dad and a LCO friend, I wouldnt have any problems at all.
  7. BMFL79

BMFL79 LawnSite Member

If you mean literaly "tomorrow", then yes. It's almost winter here. As long as it was my left leg and I could still plow with the right.

During the summer, no. I don't have any family or friends close by either. Good thing my wife is the bread winner.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I'd be ok for at least the first 6 months, at least financially...
    The rebuilding would blow thou.
  9. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Big, BIG trouble. My wife is always worried that something could happen to me and I'd be scre**d.
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, since I do 99% of the work and my partner doesn't, no, I wouldn't so much be in trouble as I would pissing him off by shoving a big workload on him...