1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would your dealer do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Dealers are getting beat up it seems. A few need it! I have a really good relationship with my dealer. We both understand that we both have to make a profit. It's as simple as that.
    Anyway, my dealer took 3 stitches out of my knee this afternoon and saved me some cash at a doctors office. It was an awkward position or I would have done it myself.
    Also, he lent me a pair of chainsaw chaps until the ones I ORDERED FROM HIM come in.
    Guys come in and beat him up on mowers and stuff and then they don't reciprocate when he needs one of their services.
    I screwed up the grease fitting on a wheel yesterday.
    I took it to the shop and they tapped me a bigger size-$5 bucks.
    AND, it was the owner who did the work. Now, I do a few things for them from time to time but, not really as much as they do for me.
    I'm telling you guys, if your dealer knew you were committed to his business, he would probably be committed to you also.
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

YOUR dealer is becoming a rare "breed". Keep on taking care of him and I'm sure he will do the same. :usflag:
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have a dealer like that here, I buy everything except my mowers there (He only carries scag, and its not my top choice). he takes excellent care of me, and all the other "legit" companies. With some of the shadier operations he doesn't move as quick to help them out, but for the rest of us he will do a lot to get you out of a jam. He has good pricing on equipment which says a lot for a dealer like that, its certainly not the same price you can get on the internet, but I typically have stuff when I walk out the door or in 1-2 days.

A rare breed indeed.
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Some guys on here just don't seem to get it.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Works both ways.
  6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

my local dealer is a jack*** who owns one of the largest companies in our area
  7. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Good LCO/Dealer Relationships count for something, don't they? I am sure yours appreciates your business and shows it with his service.

Keep on with the mutual support.
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I know this sounds trite but, that's the way a lot of things are in "Mayberry".
    I went to cut a customer of mine saturday and they pulled in the drive right behind me. They had been to Disney World in Orlando and all the other attractions there.
    They had a few choice words for people down there.
    Anyway, the whole world would be a better place if people practiced the golden rule.
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

He removed stitches? Reminds me of a Holiday Inn Express commercial...lol Sounds like a cool guy though. Dealers depend on us...and we depend on them...some of us get that...some don't...some of them get that...and some don't. Guess thats with anything...
  10. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

Its not business first its friendship first then business thats were most dealer loc go wrong anyone on here bad mouthing a dealer more than likely don't know there dealer very well!maybe because they don't take the time to get to know the person that they depend on when "I'M DOWN AND GOT THREE GUYS STANDING AROUND getting payed standing around.and that part from j-thomas was cheaper than yours by $1.00"can you help me?tharrell sounds like it goes both ways for you congards.friends first!!!