Wouldn't it be great if . . .

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, May 24, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Wouldn't it be great if they made a 32" stand-on ZTR. For instance, take the Deere Quicktrack. . .but make it 32" wide (not 34", not 36", MUST BE 32" or it would be useless like the Gravely 34Z, IMO). PERFECT!!

To: John Deere

Please add to your line of awesome commercial mowers the mower I described above. Pretty please!!! THAT'S WHAT I REALLY WANT!!

Just got to thinking about what would be the perfect 32" mower. Although there may be a few obstacles to overdome like stability on steep slopes (which is what we have engineers for) there would just be so many advantages over a WB. . .even a hydro WB: save trailer space, more manueverable, hydrostatic drive would be standard, increase productivity, etc.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

interesting idea.

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

ya and you could spend 2 grand more on it.. our new 32"ZTR only $4000 out the door. I will take the hydro walk behind and proslide 48" for $4000

trevor

4. Pecker

What 32" ZTR? I didn't know anyone made one.;) That's the point of my whole post.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nobody makes a 32" stand on because the tires would have to be so narrow it would render it useless with your weight on it. Rut city and the grass would be squished flat everywhere you went.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I heard Wright is making a 32" stander. It is in a prototype stage right now. I am going to be 1st in line for one if it makes it to production. They also are redoing the 36" standers to stop the rutting problem.

7. Pecker

Glad to hear that Itsgottobegreen. Perhaps my wishes aren't too outstanding after all.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

What makes the Gravely 34z "worthless"?

9. Pecker

The fact that I've never been in a situation where a 34" would be any better than a 34" or 36" because neither one will fit through the gates that require a 32". So for me, being that the only time I need less than my 60" requires a 32", any mower wider than 32" is absolutely useless.

The 34Z shoulda been a 32Z, IMO.

10. Gudtimes

Gudtimes LawnSite Member
    from VA

i don't know what gates you are having trouble getting through because a standard gate is 36" wide, therefore the Gravely Z34 should fit fine.