Woverene Boots (Durashocks)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLS, Jun 7, 2000.

1. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of changing to another brand of boot. I'm looking for some with lots of cushioning in them. I've always heard good things about the Durashocks. Thanks for your input.

2. ddg

ddg LawnSite Member

I work for the BNSF railroad out of Kansas City. BNSF will pay 80% for our boots, and I use the Wolverene durashocks. I'm an engineer, so I don't walk on ballast much, but the trainmen who wear them say they aren't much for walking. I like them because they are comfortable, & light weight, almost like wearing a tennis shoe.....DDG

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

They were my first pair of boots when I started lawn care (the Durashocks were). I went through them in 6 months. Now I just go to Kmart and buy what ever is cheap and comfy. No boot is going to hold up for what I put them through so why pay a lot?

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

used them for 2 yrs. now and i liked them. i feel that they are the top 3 on the market. when i was mowing i was on my feet all day and i found that a good insert 3 mo into them worked. they give you 30 days confert garrentee, give them time its like useing a new baseball glove. get fitted don&quot;t just go to wal-mart, go to a mom-pop shoe store in your town they will fit you,with is inportint and keep them tight. add mink oil to keep them nice....<br>anthonygrelli

5. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys:<br>If I can get 6 months plus out of them and they have good cushioning and are comfortable that suits me. Thanks again.

6. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

I use them and am very pleased. A little pricey at $130 but well cushioned (for a leather boot). Excellent heel and ankle support. Good for kickin' sod. :) and cats.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I have the durashock's with steel toes. I have never liked a pair of boots as much as I like these. They are comfortable and lightweight. I do alot of walking on cement and climb alot of stairs and they work fine. <p>mark

8. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

I have been using boots called Mountian Hiker II from Cabelas for the last 5 years. These are without a doubt the finest boots I have ever used. I walk on average 10 miles a day in conditions from rain and early morning dew to 100+ degrees. These boots keep my feet dry and comfortable. I can walk all day in them and at the end of the day my socks are dry! No sweat even. There is a Gortex membrane in the boot. These boots are priced @ $130 and then you need to buy a better insole because the one that comes with it is bad. I use the Spenco Polysorb crosstrainer. It is also a foot saver. If you are interested in these let me know and I will get you more info. I started buying these boots for my crews and they all really like them. that is my 2 cents mike

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had several pairs of $100+ Wolverines and they didn't seem to last very long to me (6 months. Then I tried Hy-Tec Magnums. They're half the cost of the Wolverines and last twice as long. They're the shoes that a lot of police and ambulance crews use so they hold up well on concrete. The only disadvantage is that they aren't waterproof, so you'll have to put a little silicone on them to keep the morning dew from soaking in.

10. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

turfman,<p>Can you find those boots in the catalog? And is the insole in there as well?<p>If not please send me info that you have. <p>Thanks,<p>Adam:)