Wow, commerical properties bid..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Jan 11, 2005.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I just got accepted on the vendor's list for 3 different property management companies and all all sent me a letter and invited me to bid on the properties..

1 Mgt CO - gave me 31 properties..

The the mgt co will submit the properties they want us to look at it!

WOW!

payup payup payup

2. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, thats awesome. How would I go about doing something like that.

3. alpine692003

I guess just call in and do some good work, I have to call around and see how they find us ..

4. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. This site is gold.

5. alpine692003

Yah, 31 properties.. Out of those 31 I think I can land 1-5?

LOL

6. alpine692003

Yay, no more residential work !! :rolleyes:

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck, most property managers could care less about quality or you. They will want the cheapest bid every year (lowballers market). I stay away from them like the plague. I started out working for a couple and both times the work only lasted a year before I got replaced (no loyalty).

I'm not trying to rain on your parade. I felt the same as you when I first had a chance to bid for one. I'm just giving you the heads up.

For those of you that want to still (after reading this post) work for a property management group. Just give them a call (look under property managers in the yellow pages) and ask to be put on their bid list. They will let anyone with insurance bid on their properties. Like I said they are looking for the lowest bidder and welcome all bids. It's the perfect market for the lowball enthusiasts like Zoomer and afftandem.

Residential is a much better market to pursue. Most are loyal and will not shop for price every year. Do good work and you have a customer for life.

8. alpine692003

thats okay, keeps work all year ound..

9. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

congrats ,just keep a level head and you will do great. :D Just image getting all properties you price :dizzy:

10. alpine692003

I doubt I'll get all those at my prices..

There are a few properties that are on the waterfront where girls are, I am going to lowball that one cause I like the sceneary there..

:rolleyes: