WOW !!! DIG Software....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PAPS, Mar 2, 2002.

1. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my DIG package today... and began messing around with it, let me tell you its tricky. I hope I get the hang of it soon. for those who have a design program like DIG, how long did it take before you where able to be "expert" at it?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Please elaborate on what exactly DIG stands for and what is it? I know that you said it was a design program, but is that for landscape jobs or a publishing software (in the market for a good one)? Web address?

Thanks PAPS
    MATT

3. PAPS

Its a design program for doing landscapes...

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Bryan,
    As I had mentioned to you before, I got Earfhscapes by Visual Impact Imaging. They give you a picture and step by step directions on retrieving, sizing and placing images onto the background picture. You can place objects in foreground, background and etc. The cloning tool in this program is its most impressive tool. It uses Micrographix Designer and Picture Publisher as its main design engines. I only played around w/ it for an hour or so to get the basics. I'll wait to practice more when I actually bid to sell my first decent size job, or if we get 2-3 days of rain in a row (don't hold your breath).

From what I hear, you probably will need to do at least a dozen or so renderings to become somewhat proficient at it. Like anything else (tool wise), the more you use it, the better your proficiency.

Bob

P.S. Good luck w/it!

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do the on-screen tutorials for Design Imaging which will take several hours, you will have the basics under control. Then do a few real projects, maybe 3 or 4. The results will be useable and you will be skilled enough to feel comfortable with it. Planscape takes longer to get used to and some things about it are always a little awkward. Landquote---takes time to set up and is rather quirky in some ways. I have used these programs for three years so this is not idle opinion.

6. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up DIG at the NJ landscape show on Wednsday. I've used another program for a few years so it took a little time to figure this one out but it's not too bad. I've used both imaging and planscape and am happy with both. Will probably take 5-6 jobs before I could fly through them.

7. PAPS

Yea... i am having a little trouble in DESIGNWARE doing walls and pavers and getting the "perspectives" where the should be. Esp. the walls aspect. But, with a little practicce... it will come

8. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

is it possible to cut beds and seperate the grass from the planting areas? thanks

joe

9. PAPS

Yea... absoulutely u can...

10. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

how would i go about forming an edge w/ the program.. thanks

joe